English Year 1 Planning – Diary writing (Little Red Riding Hood Diary)
About This Primary Resource
This is a Key Stage 1 / Year 1 themed planning document about diary writing. It uses the concept of Little Red Riding Hood's diary for context.
It includes the following objectives (amongst others):
- To write clear sentences telling the reader what they did over the weekend.
- To internalise and remember events in the correct order.
- To become a character and write how I would speak.
- To remember the order of events.
- To use the conjunction 'and'.
- To write sentences which record events.
It was created by Kerry Moody, an experienced Key Stage 1 teacher and senior leader.