English Year 1 Planning – The Little Green Dinosaur – Story Writing
About This Primary Resource
A year 1 English planning document that uses the Talk4Writing teaching framework. It focuses on dinosaurs and in particular the story of 'The Little Green Dinosaur'. It is a very detailed plan with many learning objectives, including the following:
- To use clues and discuss what, where, when etc.
- To join in with a discussion.
- To write in sentences.
- To sequence sentences to tell a story.
- To remember predictive patterns in language.
- To use phonic skills and apply to reading.
- To become a character and visualise events.
- To understand the term question.
- To remember the story.
- To be able to ask questions.
- To order the structure of the text.
- To change the middle part of a story.
- To think of new characters.
- To use different voices to tell a story.
- To write their own story.
This lesson plan was written by Kerry Moody, an experienced Key Stage 1 teacher.