English Year 1 Planning – Supertato – Talk4Writing
About This Primary Resource
An English Year 1 lesson plan that focuses on superheroes and in particular the story 'Supertato' by by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet. The plan uses the Talk4Writing teaching framework and it has the following learning objectives (amongst others):
- To use clues and discuss what, where, when etc.
- To join in with a discussion.
- To encourage fluency in reading.
- To remember predictive patterns in language.
- To use drama to recreate character roles within the story.
- To include descriptive words in sentences.
- To include correct sentence structure independently.
- To edit and adapt writing to show improvements.
- To invent a new main character.
- To use reinvention to tell a story.
This plan was created by Kerry Moody.